Apply for a Scholarship
Thank you for your interest in studying at Type Electives.
Creating a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive future in type and design is at the core of our mission and we're deeply committed to making our classes more accessible by increasing opportunities for underrepresented groups within the type and design industry.
This scholarship is open to all Black, Indigenous, and other people of color, with priority given to those who have limited resources or access to educational opportunities. (For the purposes of this scholarship, the term ‘people of color’ includes people of Native American, Native Hawaiian, African, Latin, Asian, Pacific Island and Middle Eastern descent.) We accept applications from all locations, both within the U.S. and internationally.
To increase the amount of scholarships we can award per term, per class, we're offering four kinds of scholarship amounts:
- 100% Discount, Bold Scholarship
- 75% Discount, Semi-Bold Scholarship
- 50% Discount, Medium scholarship
- 25% Discount, Light Scholarship
- The priority deadline for applications is 3 weeks prior to the beginning of the semester.
- The priority deadline will be listed in each class and it's due at 11:59 pm NYC time (UTC–05:00). Afterwards, we'll continue to review applications on a rolling basis as long as we have the capacity to give out more seats.
- We'll choose one or more participants per class, depending on the class limit.
- If selected, you have 48 hours to accept or we'll offer the scholarship the next person on the waiting list.
- We're looking for students whose goals and values align with ours at Type Electives.
- The scholarship will be awarded to eligible students that the evaluating committee believes are in a position to make the most of out of the class.
- Each person can apply for up to two classes each semester but only one scholarship will be awarded per applicant.
- The scholarship is not transferable and cannot be deferred to a later time.
- The applicant cannot already be enrolled in the class they are applying for. (In other words, the scholarship cannot be awarded in the form of a 'refund'.)
- We reserve the right to revoke the scholarship at any time for any reason, at our discretion
If you have any questions, please email at hello@TypeElectives.com with the subject line "Scholarship Question". Thank you!